Thursday 7 July 2011

K, here's your ride, get your petals out and lay them in the aisle
Pretend you are God, and grow and that it's your own day to wed
We have found your man, he is drinking up
He's all American, and he'll drive
He has volunteered with grace to end your life

We'll tidy up, it's sad to hold, but leave your shell to us
You explode, you firefly, you tiny boat with oars, feather oars
The world tilts back and pours and pours
And so, you satellite, you tidal wave, you're a big surprise
And I have one more night to be your mother

Her signal was interrupted
My baby's frequency not strong enough

Her head in my hands and smiling
K, we will miss you but in time you'll get set up and we will write
Hey, you beauty supreme, yeah you were right about me
But can I get myself out from underneath
This guilt that will crush me
In the choir, I saw our sad Messiah
He was bored and tired of my laments

He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"

Well I love you so much, but do me a favor baby and don't reply

Cause I can dish it out, but I can't take it
Well I love you so much, but do me a favor baby and don't reply
Cause I can dish it out, but I can't take it

I'll never have to buy adjacent plots of earth

We'll never have to rot together underneath dirt
I'll never have to lose my baby in the crowd
I should be laughing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment