Saturday 23 July 2011

You're exactly where you were always supposed to be
I know you're a good man, and I know you mean well
and I don't hate you as much today, Im in a good place see
but you're just this faceless voice, confined to a cell
you're not my dad anymore, you're not my family
It's not easy, this isn't coming so steadily for me
but I think I've stretched as far as I can without breaking
so it's time to let me go, I need to be rid of you completely
and don't be weak, and don't be cruel, just try to understand
you're no good for me, you're a cancer, you're destructive
and I'm holding on to too much right now
I won't let you touch something this good
you can't stand taller than me pa, if you lack a spine
and it's cruel I know, but you've been dead to me for such a long time
so stop condemning me to stretch empty words with a ghost
and let me keep this love in tact, let me keep what's mine
just fade away into dim memory, don't fight this reality
'cos when mothers breath faltered and fell weak
you killed the space I reserved for you inside of me

1 comment:

  1. oh wauw,
    this is very good.
    I really love it.
    Xx Liefs

    ReplyDelete