Wednesday 25 September 2013

today i cried, a crumpled heap on the floor
that feeling washed over me again
i don't want to think about it anymore
i can't keep thinking of the how and when
it's like however hard i try to fool, to distract myself
my thoughts are endlessly edging back to ill health
and when they fall firm on a moment it makes me sick
right down into the pit of my stomach
it's like one deafening blow, one sharp hit
right down into the depths of my chest
and i'm left a cracked, beaten, a mess
i couldn't do this whole thing without you
i couldn't open my eyes again without you
there would be no tomorrow if you were stolen from today
i am strong, i am balanced and i fight
but there would be a little less than nothing left inside
i would shift into vapor so rapidly, so entirely
and it's not metaphor, it's not a possibility
it's all truth and all promise. if you leave, i'll be close behind
i'm sorry sweetheart i know that you would mind
but the world would crush me and i'd never be found
so if you go, you won't be without me for much time
i'll be running, sprinting, fumbling to wrap your hand back around mine

No comments:

Post a Comment