Friday 30 April 2010

i have no recollection of this:

our hearts are heavy and light
spilling with sorrow and joy and pain
you hold up your head with such might
as your neck crumbles under a mightier strain
salty wet has stained your chin
and your face is frozen from windy lashings
where in this world are you to begin
when there is nothing before you, simply nothing
your story makes me weary and silent
and your eyes just linger on the shadows
forcing my head down, dragging my shoulders
your salty wet flows over my cheekbones
drips into nothing, touching nothing

i can't bear to watch you, falter and fall
it stings my heart to see you crawl
i can't reach my hand to your weary limbs
can't pull you up, or drag you in
i am so very tired from your desperation
it erodes away, straight through my elation

no comprehension of what rings through your ears
i couldn't think of it, i wouldn't think
such cruelty you have acquired throughout these years
it pushed you up towards and over the brink
i cannot look towards you now
can't see what disappeared
can't remember your icy warmth
i can't taste your salty tears
i can't sit before you and stare
can't look into glazed over eyes
i can't look for what isn't there
i can't love something that dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment